What is wrong with that listing?
Average days in the market varies region to region. Most buyers are scrolling through listings online. It makes a great deal of information on the property available at a glance.
This also makes potential buyers take note when a home has been on the market for longer than 30 days. They may wonder if there are some unmentioned or hidden problems with the property. Others might not have discovered it yet before them.
Read on to learn reasons why your house in Phoenix isn’t selling.
1. Too Expensive
Is the price right? By starting off with the price set to compete, you are likely to decrease the time on the market. If you’ve priced too high, this may be exactly why your house isn’t selling in Phoenix.
You factored in potential counter offers. You are willing to take much less than you are asking. There are some other options to consider if you’re concerned about the offers coming in low.
- Play with your price by building in contingencies to sweeten the deal.
- Keep your asking price as close to the original number as possible.
2. Lack of Interest
Wondering why your house in Phoenix isn’t selling? It may be the fact that your property does not “fit in” with the surrounding properties.
- Conformity does matter when it comes to the valuation of real estate – Buyers may be unwilling or unable to put in the work, money, and time to remodel the home.
- Lack of photo quality and quantity – Buyers have become accustomed to virtual conveniences with walkthroughs provided from the exterior through the interior by a drone
- Your marketing should also include several prominent websites – This is where the majority of your buyers are browsing inventory.
If you consider working with a real estate agent to sell your home, you should ask them these questions.
Should they seem at all hesitant to avail the most current technology? Or even attempt to downplay the importance of digital advertising? You may wish to continue your interview process.
3. Badly Staged
Many buyers are unable to see past items of a more intimate nature. These items are photos, trophies, and the like, as they walk through your home during a showing.
If your home is not staged at all. A hodgepodge of personal belongings is visible. If it is not staged well, this could be why your house isn’t selling in Phoenix.
Staging is essential in the real estate business for the following reasons
- it increases the home’s value.
- It also leads the home to be on the market for a short period of time making it worth the expenditure.
- Your real estate agent may request the removal of all belongings of a personal nature.
- Furniture and other extra belongings may need to be in storage.
- Your real estate agent will make the arrangements with the professional staging company.
4. Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is the attractiveness of the entire property. The attractive surroundings appear to a viewer driving by on the street. It is human nature to become accustomed to our surroundings. We don’t notice little things that are out of kilter.
It can be helpful to bring everything into focus by taking a photograph of your property. Take photos as if you were a photographer taking a photo for the cover of a magazine. A lack of curb appeal may be the reason why your house isn’t selling in Phoenix. Make sure your property has curb appeal.
- You may want to consider installing an effective planned landscaping & outdoor lighting – Add something that would highlight the features of the home. For this to happen, you’ll need a professional landscaper as well.
- You’ll want to make any cosmetic repairs – Update the paint on your house, including doors and trim. Be certain to select colors that harmonize with the neighborhood. This will show a nice balance of individuality.
These are a few of the possible reasons why your house isn’t selling in Phoenix.
Tired of waiting for the right buyer?
Save your time and money! Skip those headaches and expenses of listing yourself or with a real estate agent. Oak Street Properties is here to help! With the added benefit of a quick closing, why not sell direct to Oak Street Properties? Send us a message or call (480) 637-5500 today!