Stop wondering about the ins and outs of selling your home during a divorce in Phoenix AZ. In this article, we’ll dive into the steps and things to look out for.
With over 50% of American marriages ending in divorce, many Phoenix, AZ residents are looking for advice on selling a home during a divorce.
A house is made of brick and mortar, but a home is made by the people who live there. Home is where our story begins. It is a starting place for love, hopes, and dreams. This is where a family creates memories together. But when two people that built this home decide to go their separate ways, a deliberation must be made.
Your home is one of the most valuable joint assets. It cannot be divided without first liquidating. There are several factors to consider when facing a divorce in a real estate market that has yet to rebound from the housing bubble burst.
Determine if (and when) You Will Be Selling Your Home During Your Divorce in Phoenix
In many divorce cases, one spouse will keep the home, buying out the departing spouse’s share. Often other agreements are made:
- One spouse uses the house for a set period of time – This is usually used when there are children in the home.
- Then sold on a certain date – This is usually when the children reach a certain age.
Get Professional Help – Agents and Home Buyers / Investors
During a divorce, you have a lot going on and much to consider. You shouldn’t take on the burden of selling your home yourself. You may have disagreements with your spouse about selling price or other issues.
According to Marjorie Youngren of Real Estate Boston, “Selling because of divorce is basically the same as any other sale. But to be in this situation, can be much more emotionally charged.”
That’s why it is very important to get professional help before selling your home in Phoenix. Here are the professionals who can help you and your situation:
- Reputable agents – Licensed realtors can help you in your plan to sell your home. They will be the neutral third party that can help you determine a fair selling price. They will list your home in the market and get a full market value of your home.
- Real Estate Investment firms – If you need to sell your Phoenix House Fast, Oak Street Properties may be a great option. Oak Street Properties is a real estate investment firm that buys houses in Phoenix. We buy houses for cash (We don’t list it as agents do.) You don’t have to spend a penny to fix up your home even if it needs repairs. We don’t ask for any real estate commission and we shoulder the closing costs. If you want to sell your home quickly, we are your easy button.
Sometimes, it takes time to sell a house in the Phoenix real estate market. If you can’t wait for the 3-9 months’ time, chat with us to see what we can offer you for your house.
Set (and stick to) a Timeline
It’s important when selling your Phoenix house during a divorce to keep a timeline.
- You should put your home for sale in advance.
- Set firm closing dates, moving dates, and times
- Coordinate which spouse will be handling the sale (or talking to the real estate agent).
Make sure that each of these agreements is in writing. Negotiate penalties for breaching the agreements. This helps ensure a smooth, surprise-free home sale.
Selling Your House Fast For A Fair All-Cash Price
Many divorcing couples have chosen the easy button option. In recent years, they chose the option to make a quick sale to a real estate investor like Oak Street Properties. Reputable, local real estate investors like us, buy houses quickly, stress-free, and hassle-free. The process can often take as little as 7 days!
Deciding how to sell a marital home in Phoenix doesn’t have to be as stressful as the divorce itself.
You can protect each party with qualified real estate professionals. You’ll decide to sell with an agent or sell fast to a real estate investment firm like Oak Street Properties. Move through the process quickly and according to an agreed-upon schedule. All parties can walk away from the sale without stress.
If you want to discuss your situation and see if we can help you save time, reduce stress, and get out of this situation fast…
Give us a call anytime at (480) 637-5500 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>
We’ll evaluate your house, make you a fair all-cash offer, and you can decide if selling your house to us is the best fit for you. We’re here for you, just reach out, and let’s chat.